We took off towards to Vatican museum first. I loved seeing my favorite ‘School of Athens’ by Raphael again and Rainer enjoyed looking at the Sistine Chapel and identifying biblical scenes. We toured St. Peter’s and the tombs below. We walked through Piazza Navonna and into the Pantheon. I tried my best to give Rainer the history bits I remember, but without toting a heavy tour book in our packs, most things were just, “The Romans built that thousands of years ago. It’s old”. We enjoyed a delicious dinner near the Spanish steps, and then visited the Trevi Fountain by Bernini. Our last day in Italy was filled with touring the Roman Coliseum, Roman Forum, and doing laundry. We ended up going to a restaurant around the corner from the hotel two of our nights in Rome, because it was so good!
We say goodbye to Italy and all that pasta (gnochi, ravioli, taggaitelli, fetticuine, spaghetti, tortilini, pici, penne, and more.... so good). We say hello to Greece and my parents!!
I love all the pictures! Keep them coming!
ReplyDelete